none
How to change outlook colors palette for text formatting RRS feed

• Question

• My greetings!

I have recently changed my default PowerPoint palette template to be the one that i have created/customized. I have learned that it had to be done by creating the .ppto file which is a template for PowerPoint and set it as a default template for new slides and files.

Now the question is - when i have got defined in this PoiwerPoint template file the color gallery for text formatting (the palette of colors that shows up if you clik on the Format text color dropdown), how can i OR is there a way how to import this palette of colors to Microsoft Outlook?

Or a similar question - how can i manually change the colors that will be shown in the color palette by default when i try to format text color in outlook?

When i have tried to google something similar for excel, there was an add-in that can change the Fill color and Font color palette, it's called Excel color manager - So i guess that it is possible to change it anywhere!

Thanks & Regards!

~Mike H.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 11:01 AM

Answers

• I don't know of a way to change that in Outlook. The general color palette used by Outlook is the same as used by the other Office apps.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"Michal Holkovic" <=?utf-8?B?TWljaGFsIEhvbGtvdmlj?=> wrote in message news:c06e717e-95fe-45ed-afff-c2f6734adedd...

My greetings!

I have recently changed my default PowerPoint palette template to be the one that i have created/customized. I have learned that it had to be done by creating the .ppto file which is a template for PowerPoint and set it as a default template for new slides and files.

Now the question is - when i have got defined in this PoiwerPoint template file the color gallery for text formatting (the palette of colors that shows up if you clik on the Format text color dropdown), how can i OR is there a way how to import this palette of colors to Microsoft Outlook?

Or a similar question - how can i manually change the colors that will be shown in the color palette by default when i try to format text color in outlook?

When i have tried to google something similar for excel, there was an add-in that can change the Fill color and Font color palette, it's called Excel color manager - So i guess that it is possible to change it anywhere!

Thanks & Regards!

~Mike H.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:43 PM

All replies

• I don't know of a way to change that in Outlook. The general color palette used by Outlook is the same as used by the other Office apps.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"Michal Holkovic" <=?utf-8?B?TWljaGFsIEhvbGtvdmlj?=> wrote in message news:c06e717e-95fe-45ed-afff-c2f6734adedd...

My greetings!

Thanks & Regards!

~Mike H.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:43 PM
  • check these links and go through them this may help you out

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/microsoft-office/change-the-default-color-scheme-in-office-2007/

http://www.bigresource.com/VB-VB-Outlook-color-VbgIXoH8o8.html

Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:15 PM
  • Exactly, there are standard color palettes for each of the office applications, and when you can change it in powerpoint, and in excel, why not in outlook? I  mean - it's the same application logic, right? Same core and everything, so i guess its hould be possible to set it up somehow.

I have looked at the links from Kevin, it does not contain the info i needed. And i am not a programmer in VBA, so i will not be building my own add-on. I was just searching for a solution (like it's in excel or powerpoint).

I guess that the right answer is that there is no solution like that for Outlook yet.

Monday, April 23, 2012 8:23 AM