Metro app. Image scaling doesn't work when changing screen resolution in simulator. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody !

I faced such a problem: I need to load different versions of image when changing screen resolution (aka - scaling).

I've made everything as it was suggested on number of forums (Microsoft one's as well): named image according to template name.scale-XXX.ext and put it to Asset folder. In XAML code I reference image as <Image Source = "Asset/name.ext">.

It seems like ok by this time but when I start app on simulator and change screen resolution (f.i. 10.6' to 27') nothing happens. Image of 100% scale is loaded on the screen!

I've put a breakpoint in the code - I wanted to see what's real value of DisplayProperties.ResolutionScale.

I found that for any screen resolution and any simulated screen size ResolutionScale is always equal to Scale100.

Does anybody know what's wrong here ?

Why screen scaling doesn't work ?

Thanks in advance !

Saturday, October 26, 2013 6:14 PM

Answers

• Did you try all of the 10.6" resolutions? Some of the resolutions are 100% and some are higher scale. I didn't test it (or do the math!), but I suspect the 27" is legitimately 100%.

--Rob

Saturday, October 26, 2013 9:37 PM

All replies

• Did you try all of the 10.6" resolutions? Some of the resolutions are 100% and some are higher scale. I didn't test it (or do the math!), but I suspect the 27" is legitimately 100%.

--Rob

Saturday, October 26, 2013 9:37 PM
  • Rob,

Thank you for your explanation! It makes sense:-) 

I thought about screen resolution but not about screen itself, I mean size, which in combination with resolution defines scale value.

Monday, October 28, 2013 9:25 PM