Visual Studio 2010 Build customizations always rebuilds everything RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone.

I recently started to modify and advance build customizations I found on the internet. I use them for some bigger projects where I have many files wich use that customizations.

You can download the files here: http://cid-5ff64c91ea9c5483.office.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/Visual%20Studio%202010?uc=1
    The files used for the build are in the subfolder: \build-customizations\msvc-10.0

If I rebuild the Solution, everything works.
    After I execute the "Debuggin (F5)" command, to start Debugging the application, everything is rebuilt again. This takes a long time, becouse all of the sources are rebuilt and recompiled, becouse the build customizations parse and create header files.
    I think I made some errors in the build customizations definiton or forgot to define some settings.
    Sadly I do not find any reference manuals or documentation for the ms build customizations for Visual Studio 2010 so that I could get an idea of what I have to define.

How could I make my build customization to recogize weather a File was changed, so that it does not get executed everytime, even if no source file was changed (currently the build customizations are executed everytime, regardles of rebuilding, building, or starting the debugger so the whole solution is rebuild)?

Thank you, Louis Hoefler

PS: This is another post where I look for the build customizations reference manual and it's documentation/tutorial Link

Monday, August 16, 2010 5:52 PM

Answers

• I solved the error. The "Outputs" property pointed to the wrong filepath.

• Marked as answer by l1s Tuesday, August 17, 2010 6:02 PM
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 6:02 PM