How do I import silverlight into blend? RRS feed

• Question

• How do I import a sample blend project into microsoft blend? (ie a sample off of the gallery section)
    Monday, October 29, 2012 9:40 PM

All replies

• Depends on the project, which one? Some provide source, some a compiled assembly that you reference in your project.
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:32 PM
  • I see. Well the link is: gallery.expression.microsoft.com/slideshow
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:55 PM
  • It looks like that project includes the source, so you can just open the .sln file in Blend.
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:57 PM
  • I have blend 4 and it wont seem to open the full file. Is there a step by step guide or video on how to make something like this from scratch?
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:03 PM
  • What do you mean it won't open the full file?
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:35 PM
  • So I open up the folder I downloaded through that link, and then open SlideShowExample in blend and it prompts me to update the project to work with expression blend. If I click yes, nothing happens. If I click no it says the file could not be opened. "The imported project was not found" but when i click close it pulls up only part of the project. If I try to open the project from expression blend nothing happens at all.
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:50 PM
  • There appear to be a number of read only files in the directory/project, that might be causing issues. Can you try opening it in VS2010 and upgrading there?

To answer your other question, a search on bing for "silverlight slideshow" returns many results as well.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:00 PM