none
Failed installation with Comodo certificate RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing VSTO add-in and having issues with deployment. I am publishing setup.exe and placing the .vsto file to website (windows azure). I am signing the ClickOnce manifest using COMODO issued certificate. The same certificate is also uploaded to Azure website. 

However, the users get the following error:

Customized functionality in this application will not work because the certificate used to sign the deployment manifest for <Project> or its location is not trusted

Any ideas?

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 1:13 PM

Answers

• I solved it- there were some issues with reading the CA :) Thanks for your help.
    • Marked as answer by herrpuqq Tuesday, August 4, 2015 6:03 PM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 6:03 PM

All replies

• See Common Error 3: Seems to be a problem with the trusted zones on the client machine.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 1:25 PM
  • See Common Error 3: Seems to be a problem with the trusted zones on the client machine.

Thank you for reply.

We are using not a local / self generated certificate, but a Comodo one. This is distributable version and it is unlikely we would be able to add our website to Trusted Zone of all clients. Moreover, we didn't have this issue with a similar project in the past (made on another machine)

• Edited by herrpuqq Tuesday, August 4, 2015 1:35 PM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 1:28 PM
  • Have you verified that your certificate is tested as valid on those clients? I'm not sure, but Comodo was in past in the news with security issues. So I'm not sure whether all your clients accept Comodo CA.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 1:38 PM
  • Have you verified that your certificate is tested as valid on those clients? I'm not sure, but Comodo was in past in the news with security issues. So I'm not sure whether all your clients accept Comodo CA.

Thanks. How could this be done?
    • Edited by herrpuqq Tuesday, August 4, 2015 1:46 PM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 1:46 PM
  • I solved it- there were some issues with reading the CA :) Thanks for your help.
    • Marked as answer by herrpuqq Tuesday, August 4, 2015 6:03 PM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 6:03 PM
  • Hi, could you be more specific on how you solved this issue?

I would really appreciate it :D

Best regards.

Monday, September 7, 2015 8:34 PM