how to manage space between parameter fields in Crystal reports? RRS feed

• Question

• User852864959 posted

In a Crystal report I am passing two text strings from C# application. Both parameters are text string paragraphs basically which can have any no of words in them.

The issue is I am not able to manage spacing between both paragraphcs. As they are dynamic I can't fix their hieghts. If there is more text passed one top paragraphc over laps the bottom paragraph but if there is less text in top paragraph report shows big area as empty space.

What ever the amount of text may be, the requriement is paragrachs should have constant space between them (two line breaks). Please guide me how I can manage it.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 12:20 AM

Answers

• User-578610739 posted

Hi Haansi,

you must add two anothersection and then place both in the each. then make some gap in upper of both section which you want. after placing the field , you can set proeperties "can grow" and "empty section not show" as true or false. (check in preview & then adjust, then you decide which is perfect before preview or after).

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 12:36 AM
  • User-578610739 posted

Hi Haansi,

is there some limit on how many sections a preport can have ? Becasue I am going to generate a long report of many pages so I guess this way I will need many sections to add.

I am not aware about count, but yes there as our required we add as many as section. You don't bother about this. you just give page size and give margin of upper, lower, right and left. crystal report manage the contents in between automatically , also paging come automatically.

How a section will be manged if page ends ? I am sorry I am new to Crystal reports. What I want to ask is if a para will take 10 cm and in page there is space of only 6 cm, will remaining 4 cm will move automatically to next page ?

As told above not to worry, when you set "can grow" and "suppress" option, it will mange by report automatically. you can give dynamic condition also for this properties.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:16 AM

All replies

• User-578610739 posted

Hi Haansi,

you must add two anothersection and then place both in the each. then make some gap in upper of both section which you want. after placing the field , you can set proeperties "can grow" and "empty section not show" as true or false. (check in preview & then adjust, then you decide which is perfect before preview or after).

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 12:36 AM
  • User-1364446067 posted

Well,

in this case, you need to analyse that after how many characters the box creates a new line.

Based on this assumption, you need to modify the width, X and Y positions of both or may be only the bottom textbox

--

Hope this helps..

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 12:38 AM
  • User852864959 posted

Hi Aja2707. Thanks for replying.

is there some limit on how many sections a preport can have ? Becasue I am going to generate a long report of many pages so I guess this way I will need many sections to add.

How a section will be manged if page ends ? I am sorry I am new to Crystal reports. What I want to ask is if a para will take 10 cm and in page there is space of only 6 cm, will remaining 4 cm will move automatically to next page ?

and what about other section after this section will there length will be manged automatically or I will need to take care of it ?

Thanks

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 12:59 AM
  • User-578610739 posted

Hi Haansi,

I am not aware about count, but yes there as our required we add as many as section. You don't bother about this. you just give page size and give margin of upper, lower, right and left. crystal report manage the contents in between automatically , also paging come automatically.

How a section will be manged if page ends ? I am sorry I am new to Crystal reports. What I want to ask is if a para will take 10 cm and in page there is space of only 6 cm, will remaining 4 cm will move automatically to next page ?

As told above not to worry, when you set "can grow" and "suppress" option, it will mange by report automatically. you can give dynamic condition also for this properties.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:16 AM
  • User-578610739 posted

hi,

http://forums.asp.net/t/1793112.aspx/1

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:18 AM