How can I create a Visual Studio Project SubType for VS2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a project subtype that extends a standard C# project and adds a couple of customized build steps.  I have been able to do this by creating a custom build task and modifying the csproj template file to reference that task.  Now I would like to add a custom properties page so that I can easily change my custom build settings without modifying the csproj XML.  I've found some help here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb165155.aspx, but unfortunately there are only code fragments and not even a complete class.  There is a note at the bottom of the page saying the code is part of a complete example, but not reference to where or what that complete sample might be.  I found a complete sample for VS2005 referenced here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb165055%28v=vs.80%29.aspx, but it's for VS2005, and there is no link to download the source code.

Thanks in advance for any help.

~ Cameron

Friday, May 27, 2011 2:02 PM

Answers

• The sample code is still available, but it takes a little work to find it.  I had to install VS 2005 and then the VS 2005 SDK.  The sample code is installed with the SDK.  You need to make several changes to the sample to get it working with VS 2010, but it is possible.  I can provide more detail if anyone else needs this help.
    Cameron Peters
    Saturday, May 28, 2011 1:06 PM

All replies

• The sample code is still available, but it takes a little work to find it.  I had to install VS 2005 and then the VS 2005 SDK.  The sample code is installed with the SDK.  You need to make several changes to the sample to get it working with VS 2010, but it is possible.  I can provide more detail if anyone else needs this help.
    Cameron Peters
    Saturday, May 28, 2011 1:06 PM
  • I'm glad it is resolved.
    Ziwei Chen [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, May 30, 2011 9:58 AM