none
BindingRedirect load fails on new version RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having trouble with a binding redirect that I hope someone can help with.  I have a config section that looks similar to the following:

<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">  
                <probing privatePath="lib\DevComponents.WpfRibbon;"/>  

<dependentAssembly> 
            <assemblyIdentity name="DevComponents.WpfRibbon" PublicKeyToken="2037e151916410e7" /> 
            <codeBase href="lib/DevComponents.WpfRibbon/DevComponents.WpfRibbon.dll"/>  
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="4.0.0.0-4.0.0.7" newVersion="4.1.0.0"/>  
          </dependentAssembly> 

</assemblyBinding> 
     </runtime> 

The real entry has a larger probing path an more dependent assemblies but hopefully this is enough to get the gist of the issue.  The problem is that the fusion log indicates that although the 4.1.0.0 version was found the redirect statement in the config file is not used and it is still trying to use the 4.0.0.0 version.

Fuslogvw.exe has the following output:

*** Assembly Binder Log Entry  (06/27/2008 @ 12:44:35 PM) ***  

The operation failed.  
    Bind result: hr = 0x80131040. No description available.  

Assembly manager loaded from:  C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll  
    Running under executable  D:\clearcase\de057358_view_beta\vobs\ecis\components\workspaces\workspacesclient\bin\Debug\CentricityShell.exe  
    --- A detailed error log follows.   

=== Pre-bind state information ===  
    LOG: User = GEMEDAMERICA\212057358  
    LOG: DisplayName = DevComponents.WpfRibbon, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutralPublicKeyToken=2037e151916410e7 
     (Fully-specified)  
    LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/clearcase/de057358_view_beta/vobs/ecis/components/workspaces/workspacesclient/bin/Debug/  
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL 
    LOG: Dynamic Base = NULL 
    LOG: Cache Base = NULL 
    LOG: AppName = CentricityShell.exe  
    Calling assembly : CentricityShell, Version=6.1.3100.20770, Culture=neutralPublicKeyToken=null.  
    ===  
    LOG: This bind starts in default load context.  
    LOG: Using application configuration file: D:\clearcase\de057358_view_beta\vobs\ecis\components\workspaces\workspacesclient\bin\Debug\CentricityShell.exe.config  
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.  
    LOG: Post-policy reference: DevComponents.WpfRibbon, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutralPublicKeyToken=2037e151916410e7 
    LOG: GAC Lookup was unsuccessful.  
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/clearcase/de057358_view_beta/vobs/ecis/components/workspaces/workspacesclient/bin/Debug/lib/DevComponents.WpfRibbon/DevComponents.WpfRibbon.DLL.  
    LOG: Assembly download was successful. Attempting setup of file: D:\clearcase\de057358_view_beta\vobs\ecis\components\workspaces\workspacesclient\bin\Debug\lib\DevComponents.WpfRibbon\DevComponents.WpfRibbon.dll  
    LOG: Entering run-from-source setup phase.  
    LOG: Assembly Name is: DevComponents.WpfRibbon, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutralPublicKeyToken=2037e151916410e7 
    WRN: Comparing the assembly name resulted in the mismatch: Minor Version  
    ERR: The assembly reference did not match the assembly definition found.  
    ERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x80131040). Probing terminated.  

I'm hoping that I am missing something amazingly simple and it is a relatively quick fix.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Michael Fischer
    Friday, June 27, 2008 6:57 PM

Answers

All replies