none
Deploying SQL server database from SQL sever RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having a difficult time deploying SQL server database to Azure SQL server through SQL server management studio. I am getting the error as given below. Not sure where to go from here. I tried creating firewall rules in Azure sql sever and have tried every possible solution in the universe. Any help would be highly appreciated.

"A network-related or instance-specific error occured while establishing a connection to SQL server. The server
    was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL server is configured
    to allow remote connections. (Provider: Named Pipes Provider, error:40- Could not open a connection to SQL
    server)(Microsoft SQL server, Error:53)"

Friday, August 11, 2017 5:21 AM

All replies

• Is this error when you try to deploy database or when you try to connect to your Azure SQL server?

Mustafa Toroman, Azure MVP

Friday, August 11, 2017 7:18 AM
  • This error often occurs if a connection attempt times-out.  Ensure your connection timeout is set to 30 seconds, the default is 15 and this is frequently not enough.
    Friday, August 11, 2017 1:56 PM
  • Looks like you have deployed a IaaS instance and installed the SQL server on top of it. This is a very generic error I would suggest to go to TCP/IP port and choose the dynamic port and make sure to turn on printer and file sharing in advance tab in network and sharing center. If you are using a static port for the sql listener you may need to open that port in the windows firewall. 
    Friday, August 11, 2017 2:43 PM