New Hybrid booting is not working.

Question

• Hi chaps,

I've got a Samsung R540 laptop with i3-380M, integrated Intel HD 2000 and Intel HM55 chipset. Windows 8 x64 can do a cold boot, but can't resume using new hybrid booting. The system hangs up on a "Windows Developer Preview" screen, no animations.

I tried to install official chipset drivers for Windows 7 x64 but it doesn't help. Did anybody find a solution for hibernation on laptops?

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:03 AM

Answers

• kosiu,

Have you tried Automatic repair?  It might able to solve your boot issue. 

1. Pressing F8 at boot takes you straight into the menu
    2. Click on Troubleshoot
    3. Click on Advanced options
    4. Click on Automatic repair
    5. Computer will reboot and then will start Automatic repair.
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:46 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• I have the same problem, but different symptoms. I'm dual-booting Win8 x64 and Win7 x64 on my NEC Versa P8310 laptop, however resuming the system brings up an error before the OS boot selection screen (which is awesome) has a chance to load, and promptly restarts the system into what I assume is a "cold" boot, which works fine.

The error message: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:19 AM
  • Make sure that the hibernation is enabled in your PC and you have installed all the required drivers. To enable hibernation, type “powercfg /h on” in Command Prompt with Administrative Privileges.

Sonic the Hedgehog
    • Proposed as answer by Rich Prescott Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:42 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:29 PM
  • At the moment it is impossible for me to make sure if all the drivers are installed and working correctly (pff, they aren't, because something is really messed up). I downloaded all the official Samsung drivers for W7 x64 but they don't seem to work at all(should they?) and there is nothing else I can do.

All the problem is, no matter what do you buy from Samsung, you can be sure they modified something, so the original drivers probably won't work correctly, if only they will cooperate with your device at all, because all the drivers are written on a knee. So my WiFi modem Atheros AR9285 doesn't work with the drivers stored on Windows Update (and it is the only one to work with W8 at the moment, I double checked), touchpad gestures driver is corrupted, and I can't turn into a sleep mode.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:46 PM
  • I was able to boot once into win8, now I get the same thing..it just seems to hang on "windows developer preview"..how do I fix this without being able to boot back into win7 or win8?

Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:48 PM
  • So... did anybody find the solution for hybrid boot "coma"?
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 8:43 AM
  • Have you installed all drivers (correct graphic drivers are needed to run hibernation)? Is hibernation enabled?
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Saturday, October 22, 2011 4:07 PM
  • kosiu,

Have you tried Automatic repair?  It might able to solve your boot issue. 

1. Pressing F8 at boot takes you straight into the menu
    2. Click on Troubleshoot
    3. Click on Advanced options
    4. Click on Automatic repair
    5. Computer will reboot and then will start Automatic repair.
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:46 PM
    Answerer