Visual Studio 2011 Setup Wizard is missing from Developer Preview RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,  I noticed that the Setup Wizard is missing from the Visual Studio 2011 developer preview.  I checked under Installed->Templates->Other Project Types->   and only Extensibility and Visual Studio Solutions exists.   Was this left out by accident, or do I have to install Setup Wizard separately, or is this simply not included in the developer preview.

Thanks. 

Marc Noon
    Saturday, November 26, 2011 11:16 AM

Answers

• Hello Marc,

I am sorry to say that you are in the correct situation. The Setup and Deployment wizard is no longer supported in the VS11.

You can refer to the VS11 readme file for detailed information:

2.4.1.4 Visual Studio Setup projects and templates do not show up in the New Project dialog box

Setup projects and templates are not available in the New Project dialog box.

To resolve this issue:

Setup projects are no longer supported in Visual Studio. For more information, see the Announcements section of the ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects forum.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Monday, November 28, 2011 7:29 AM

All replies

• The Developer Preview is pre-beta, and not feature complete. Although I'm sure the templates you mentioned, and many other features, will be added into betas and the RTM, I have no official reference.

The best place to ask avout the Developer Preview software is in the dedicated forums, here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsapps

Saturday, November 26, 2011 2:35 PM
  • Hello Marc,

I am sorry to say that you are in the correct situation. The Setup and Deployment wizard is no longer supported in the VS11.

You can refer to the VS11 readme file for detailed information:

2.4.1.4 Visual Studio Setup projects and templates do not show up in the New Project dialog box

Setup projects and templates are not available in the New Project dialog box.

To resolve this issue:

Setup projects are no longer supported in Visual Studio. For more information, see the Announcements section of the ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects forum.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Monday, November 28, 2011 7:29 AM