Azure Web App default storage - persistence? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Currently I have a web app setup, on a Basic: 3 Medium tier. The one thing I haven't been able to determine through searching documentation or forums is any specification/details on the persistence of my web apps file storage.

I'm currently using the default file storage option (no blobs etc) that comes with the Basic/3 Medium Web App tier...and was hoping someone could tell me whether or not this data could be lost / cleared out if the instance was rebooted / shutdown then restarted, etc.

Want to make sure I have set up the storage in a way that will keep it from being purged in any way due to various Azure instance workflows. And if my concerns are warranted appreciate any feedback on the best alternate storage option for a basic web app that will persist regardless of any azure web app resource changes.

Many thanks for any feedback!

-Mike

Thursday, May 12, 2016 6:05 PM

All replies

• It is persistent as long as You don't remove Your hosting plan. Web Apps can be restarted or shutted down, but web hosting plan is still running (and charging Your account). Web Apps (PaaS) is based on IaaS, so instances beneath the Web App are just like typical VMs but You don't need to administer them. That's mean You have Your data replicas in case of disaster. At last (but not least) You have SLA for Your Web App and it is also based on internal disaster recovery mechanisms.
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 6:31 PM
  • Thank you, very helpful!
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 10:30 PM