none
Microsoft Office Word Add-in For MediaWiki does not install in word 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to install the mediawikiconverter, which is an add-on to Word 2007, I get a message that says "An exception of type'System.EntryPointNotFoundException' occurred ans was caught.

Type: System.EntryPointNotFoundException, mscorlig, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561034e089

Message: Unable to find an entry point named 'RegDeleteKeyEx'advapi32.dll'

Source: MediaWiki.mediaWikiConverter....

"

When I cilick on OK, it says the error was caught, and the installation was successful. But it was not.

How can I fix this?

S. Provost
    Monday, May 16, 2011 8:51 PM

Answers

• Hello,

You need to contact the add-in vendor. Please provide them with versions and service packs of your Windows, Office, and .NET Framework. Also, they will need to know if you run the installer with administrative privileges.

Regards from Belarus (GMT + 2),

Andrei Smolin
    Add-in Express Team Leader
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 7:26 AM
  • You need to contact the manufacturer of this add-in. If it's a Microsoft tool, then you need to ask in a forum that supports end-user level questions, on Answers:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word?page=1

The MSDN forums support developers trying to create such add-ins, but can't help end-users on how to installing such an add-ins.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:55 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You need to contact the add-in vendor. Please provide them with versions and service packs of your Windows, Office, and .NET Framework. Also, they will need to know if you run the installer with administrative privileges.

Regards from Belarus (GMT + 2),

Andrei Smolin
    Add-in Express Team Leader
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 7:26 AM
  • You need to contact the manufacturer of this add-in. If it's a Microsoft tool, then you need to ask in a forum that supports end-user level questions, on Answers:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word?page=1

The MSDN forums support developers trying to create such add-ins, but can't help end-users on how to installing such an add-ins.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:55 AM