none
Meaning of Content Control Start/End tag appearance RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on some fill-in form templates for a non-profit. I ran into an issue with a template where the fill-in didn't work properly. When I looked at the template, I could not find any difference between two identical content controls, however, they worked differently. I did find a difference in appearance of the Start/End tags but have yet to find anything that explains what the differences might be or how to find them through some property dialog. Both are rich text content controls. One has a shorter End tag and shading in both tags. The ones that work correctly have equal start and end tags, they are not shaded and there is a dot in each. Where can I find an explanation for what the Start/End tag appearance differences might mean?

Friday, February 6, 2015 2:13 PM

Answers

• Content controls nested inside a rich text content control have shaded tags with a long and and a short end, whereas other controls have no shading and a little arrow (I wouldn't clal it a "dot", but perhaps you are seeing something else).

Having a control nested inside another control will not of itself make that control unfillable. The simplest explanation I can think of is the obvious one, i.e. that the unfillable controls have their "Contents cannot be edited" property checked.

Peter Jamieson

Saturday, February 7, 2015 12:53 PM