Install display driver on Vista / Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I have some problem with installation display driver on Vista and Windows 7

I have service, which can to run my driver installer. For installation driver (it's our mirror driver) I use setupapi.

I start installation  process by winexe from Linux (it's main customer's requirement).

When I try to install driver for Log On user, it's works correct, but when user Log Off, setupapi.SetupCopyOEMInf returns error:

CERT_E_UNTRUSTEDROOT A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.

Can you help me resolve this problem? Can I do installing drivers while user Log Off at all?

• Moved by Yi Feng Li Thursday, April 29, 2010 5:34 AM Security issue (From:Visual C++ General)
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 5:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Skovorodkin,

I am moving this thread from Base on “Visual C++ General" forum to the “Security for Applications in Microsoft Windows” forum, since the issue is related to Security. There are more experts in the “Security for Applications in Microsoft Windows" forum.

Cheers

Yi Feng Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 5:33 AM