none
Cannot install curl on VS2015, apparently incompatible with net 4.5.X.

Question

• Hello, while trying to install curl in a project made with VS2015 on Windows 7 64 bits, I get a message that's basically saying:

cannot install curl-vc140-static-64 7.52.1. You're trying to install a package in a project with .net 4.5.2 but the package lacks assemblies that are compatible with .net 4.5.2.

How can I know exactly which .net version is needed by curl? I asked in the curl list but they replied this is a problem with the curl package for .net.

Thanks,

Claudio.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Claudio,

To wpf project or C# based projecet, you could install libcurl.NET.x64:

Install-Package libcurl.NET.x64

Please let me know if it works.

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 20, 2017 8:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Claudio,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

What kind of project did you want to add the CURL package?

curl-vc140   from the name it's for C++ project.

As I also tested in my side, if I install it under a C# project, I got exactly same error as yours.

But it can be installed in C++ project with no problem.

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 5:37 AM
  • Hello Fletch.

I started a WPF-based solution to build a simple GUI.

Next, I added a new project of type "C# class library", went to the nuget console and typed naively

Install-Package curl

I understand from your post that I should find some C# compatible package explicitly because what I tried will fail always for a C# project. I see in the package list libcurl.NET.x64 that would be a better fit but I don't have experiencie with it. Basically I´m trying to emulate a small program a colleague did with curl and php.

Thanks,

Claudio.
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 3:22 PM
  • Hi Claudio,

To wpf project or C# based projecet, you could install libcurl.NET.x64:

Install-Package libcurl.NET.x64

Please let me know if it works.

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support

Monday, March 20, 2017 8:54 AM
  • Ok, installed the 64-bit version but got a message about a wrong image format. What happens is that the inclusion of the 64-bit net's curl needs the project to activate the "allow unsecure code" option.
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 1:05 PM