Unable to start Live Communication Server Service after resarting the server RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

Recently due to a power failure the server running Live communication 2005, had a unexpected restart, and since that day I have not been able to start the Live Communication Service. When I try to manually start the service it show the following error message.

"Windows could not start Live Communication Server on the Local Computer, Fort more information review the event log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code - 2146762495."

When I check the Application logs on the event viewer I shows 4 errors as listed below.

1. Event ID 14397

A configured certificate could not be loaded from store. The serial number is attached for reference.

Extended Error Code: 0x800B0101.

Cause: This could happen if the certificate is not found. This could also happen if the server has insufficient privileges to read the certificate or to access the store containing the certificate.

2. Event ID 20482

Server could not retrieve its initial configuration for a class from the WMI Provider.

Class: MSFT_SIPRoutingSetting

Cause: This can occur if the connection to Active Directory or SQL back-end database is down or if permissions to the service account are altered. Retrieval can also fail if an invalid entry is entered in the class using the UI or WMI or if corruption occurs in local WMI repository.

Resolution:

Make sure the account the service is running under has proper privileges and that connection to Active Directory or SQL back-end database is functional. Verify an identical entry does not exist as a direct federation partner and an IM service provider.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

3. Event ID 16417

Unable to initialize the protocol stack. The service has to stop.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Unable to initialize the protocol stack. The service has to stop.

4. Event ID 12299

The service is shutting down due to an internal error.

Error Code: 0x800B0101.

Resolution:

Check the previous event log entries and resolve them. Restart the server. If the problem persists contact product support.

I have searched on the web extensively an could not find any solution for this problem up to now. I would appreciate if someone could hel me in resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Ahamed.

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:57 PM forum consolidation (From:Architecture, Tools, and Process for ISVs)
    Thursday, December 13, 2007 6:11 AM

All replies

• Were there any responses to this, I am seeing this same issue after an unexpected power outage.

Thursday, January 24, 2008 5:25 PM
  • I have not herd form anyone with solution yet. I am still having the issue unresolved. If you do come acrossa solution please keep on the loop, will do the same.

Thanks,

Ahamed.

Thursday, January 24, 2008 10:00 PM
  •  

Hey there... I had the same problem and after a lot of google drilling, found a solution posted by JTTFIN.

Basically, it seems that there are 2 places where you have to configure the cert in LCS (it's not intuitive at ALL).  Here's his snippet below:

---------------------------------

Well I solved my problem and it was quite simple finaly
    I just write this here if someone someday need help for this also
    LCS has two places where certificate has to be changed
    1. Server properties security tab which was sure for me also
    2. General tab connections -> edit snd there Certificate to use incoming
    connections
    that I did not see at first.
    I supposed security tab would do the trick for the whole system

br. Jukka

• Proposed as answer by Rangs_77 Thursday, June 28, 2012 5:41 AM
    Friday, January 25, 2008 4:37 AM
  • Hi,

Great that you have mange to get it fixed. Could you please provide me a bit more details instruction of how to solve it. i am bit new LCS. Would appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Friday, January 25, 2008 4:45 AM
  • Well I solved my problem and it was quite simple finaly
    I just write this here if someone someday need help for this also
    LCS has two places where certificate has to be changed
    1. Server properties security tab which was sure for me also
    2. General tab connections -> edit snd there Certificate to use incoming
    connections
    that I did not see at first.
    I supposed security tab would do the trick for the whole system

• Proposed as answer by Rangs_77 Thursday, June 28, 2012 5:41 AM
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:57 PM
  • My LCS certificate expired so I created a new one on my CA and installed it.  When I choose the new certificate I am getting the following error when I try to start the service.  I have selected the new certificate for MTLS connection and the Security tab in LCS.  If anyone knows what could be causing this please let me know.

A configured certificate could not be loaded from store. The serial number is attached for reference.

Extended Error Code: 0x80092004.

Cause: This could happen if the certificate is not found. This could also happen if the server has insufficient privileges to read the certificate or to access the store containing the certificate.

Monday, November 17, 2008 3:43 PM
  •  cneely wrote:

My LCS certificate expired so I created a new one on my CA and installed it.  When I choose the new certificate I am getting the following error when I try to start the service.  I have selected the new certificate for MTLS connection and the Security tab in LCS.  If anyone knows what could be causing this please let me know.

Extended Error Code: 0x80092004.

Resolved for future notice: 

I right clicked on the pool name and went to the Routing tab.  This was still using the old certificate for the routing connection. I selected the new certificate here and it is now working.

So if you are routing thorugh a director using MTLS then dont forget to change this as well.

Monday, November 17, 2008 4:11 PM
  •  

Just wanted to give some kuddos for this thread. It solved my headache this morning.

Tony.

Thursday, December 4, 2008 7:20 PM
  • Thank you for your help , the solution has resolved my issue .
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 5:41 AM
  • Thx Muddy Muddster,

i didn't check on Security Tab (didn't want to change ACL in my mind :)

that's better now

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 1:44 PM