none
How to show recommended folders in Quick Launch of Otlook 2010 using C# based on file history RRS feed

• Question

• i have created a windows form in outlook add-in program having a tree view control. it shows the list of all folders in outlook. What i want is

if i got a mail from amc@d.com and i moved that mail to a specific folder(Within Outlook)using tree view.

And if i get mail from same user next time then i should get a toolbar button in quick launch so that i can move my mail with a single click to the specific folder....

Monday, September 24, 2012 12:35 PM

All replies

• You could, if the sender was a contact item, put the folder.EntryID as a user property in the contact item and then on the next email find the contact and read out the folder EntryID. Use that to get a folder reference using NameSpace.GetFolderFromID().

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
    "nirajzambad" <=?utf-8?B?bmlyYWp6YW1iYWQ=?=> wrote in message news:c034fd26-1945-42af-8503-950ee0d6e265...

i have created a windows form in outlook add-in program having a tree view control. it shows the list of all folders in outlook. What i want is

if i got a mail from amc@d.com and i moved that mail to a specific folder(Within Outlook)using tree view.

And if i get mail from same user next time then i should get a toolbar button in quick launch so that i can move my mail with a single click to the specific folder....

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Monday, September 24, 2012 3:52 PM
  • In addition to what Ken has said, you can save a dictionary (key:smtp address, value:EntryID of folder).
    this can handle non-contacts.
    You can save the dictionary to a file, and load it to your cache when\after the addin is loaded.

Monday, September 24, 2012 10:00 PM
  • Moshe_Malin, I think it will be good approach for the mail available in contacts and in non-contacts also,

Could you please post any code snippet or any reference link so that can understand the scenario.

It's my first Add-In Development, so ...

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:55 AM
  • could you please tell me how could i do it with a sample code
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 6:42 AM