none
Visual Studio 15 with Asp.Net

Question

• When will visual studio "15" support Asp.Net development? And when will the full version of it come out? Will it be free, with versions?
    Thursday, June 23, 2016 1:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Arianit K,

Thank you for your post.

Firstly, please tell us your VS Preview version.

I just installed the Visual Studio 15 Preview 2, and find it could support Asp.net development, please see the screenshot about default installation of it:

This newest edition is released at May 10, please refer to:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudio/2016/05/10/visual-studio-15-preview-2/

>> And when will the full version of it come out?

Currently, we are not aware the dedicated date of the full version release, but we could wait till Microsoft official blog announce it.

>>Will it be free, with versions?

As we could see, this prerelease will end on 9/30 and is free for use. but I think that when the full versions come out, some advanced edition will still need to purchase for further use.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 24, 2016 7:31 AM
  • Hi Arianit K,

Is the official site you referred to IS about the VS Preview 1 version?

Because what I have download VS Preview 2, and it contains some asp.net components as the screenshot.

Besides, I agree with you that you could wait for some time to download a RTM VS until it releases.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, June 27, 2016 8:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Arianit K,

Thank you for your post.

Firstly, please tell us your VS Preview version.

I just installed the Visual Studio 15 Preview 2, and find it could support Asp.net development, please see the screenshot about default installation of it:

This newest edition is released at May 10, please refer to:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudio/2016/05/10/visual-studio-15-preview-2/

>> And when will the full version of it come out?

Currently, we are not aware the dedicated date of the full version release, but we could wait till Microsoft official blog announce it.

>>Will it be free, with versions?

As we could see, this prerelease will end on 9/30 and is free for use. but I think that when the full versions come out, some advanced edition will still need to purchase for further use.

Best Regards,

Friday, June 24, 2016 7:31 AM
  • Thank you for the answer. I was only referring from the official site, where it says "Currently supports only .NET desktop apps, C++, Unity, and Python. We’ll bring you a lot more in the future!" so I didn't bother to download it.
    Friday, June 24, 2016 10:29 AM
  • Hi Arianit K,

Is the official site you referred to IS about the VS Preview 1 version?

Because what I have download VS Preview 2, and it contains some asp.net components as the screenshot.

Besides, I agree with you that you could wait for some time to download a RTM VS until it releases.

Best Regards,

Monday, June 27, 2016 8:50 AM