Media & socialite app not working

Question

• socialite is not working just logging screen comes and nothing happen after that .there is no problem of system requirement .....i have net connection with good speed......i m able to access facebook and twitter with browser ........ waiting 4 ur reply..

one more thing i want to can i play the song in start menu i'm not able to find any player which work in star menu

and can i change the background of start menu...... i m waiting plz reply .........thank's :) 

Sunday, December 11, 2011 3:07 PM

Answers

• Hi tausif,

Please try to get all your updates. Update your BIOS, if its update is available. See your Action Center, see if any issues exist. Open the Device Manager to check if there are any driver issues recognized by a yellow question mark. If so, try to update it, if necessary, install them in Compatibility mode.

Windows Media Player is part of WDP x32 as well as X64 bit versions and should be seen in Search, if not, please follow the procedure given: Control Panel-Programs-Programs and Features-Turn Windows Features on or off-See if Media Features are selected/turned on.

You should be able to change your picture using the Control Panel-Personalize-Change your picture.

Hope it helps.

Irfan
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 5:04 PM
  • The Socialite Metro style application is experiencing problems for users trying to log in. Here are the two latest entries posted on the Socialite Facebook page:

"Thanks for your feedback on Socialite – we are aware of this issue and it is impacting many of us here at Microsoft that love to use Socialite as well. Unfortunately anyone trying to login for the first time hits an error and cannot login. If you have logged in previously you should still be okay. We’re working out what has gone wrong and appreciate your patience as we figure out how to get you all back into Socialite."

"We’re still working on a fix, it is taking some time but we haven’t forgotten."

You can visit their page by following the link below:
    http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=171463892915039#!/apps/application.php?id=171463892915039&sk=wall&filter=2

Thanks,

Marilyn
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 5:44 PM

All replies

• Hi tausif,

Please try to get all your updates. Update your BIOS, if its update is available. See your Action Center, see if any issues exist. Open the Device Manager to check if there are any driver issues recognized by a yellow question mark. If so, try to update it, if necessary, install them in Compatibility mode.

Windows Media Player is part of WDP x32 as well as X64 bit versions and should be seen in Search, if not, please follow the procedure given: Control Panel-Programs-Programs and Features-Turn Windows Features on or off-See if Media Features are selected/turned on.

You should be able to change your picture using the Control Panel-Personalize-Change your picture.

Hope it helps.

Irfan
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 5:04 PM
  • The Socialite Metro style application is experiencing problems for users trying to log in. Here are the two latest entries posted on the Socialite Facebook page:

"Thanks for your feedback on Socialite – we are aware of this issue and it is impacting many of us here at Microsoft that love to use Socialite as well. Unfortunately anyone trying to login for the first time hits an error and cannot login. If you have logged in previously you should still be okay. We’re working out what has gone wrong and appreciate your patience as we figure out how to get you all back into Socialite."

"We’re still working on a fix, it is taking some time but we haven’t forgotten."

You can visit their page by following the link below:
    http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=171463892915039#!/apps/application.php?id=171463892915039&sk=wall&filter=2

Thanks,

Marilyn
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 5:44 PM