none
How do I troubleshoot issue with Mapping Details Condition RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following mapping fragment in my edmx

<EntityTypeMapping TypeName="mydatamodel.scores">
                  <MappingFragment StoreEntitySet="scores">
                    <ScalarProperty Name="deleted_at" ColumnName="deleted_at" />
                    <ScalarProperty Name="deleted_by" ColumnName="deleted_by" />
                    <ScalarProperty Name="last_updated_at" ColumnName="last_updated_at" />
                    <ScalarProperty Name="last_updated_by" ColumnName="last_updated_by" />
                    <ScalarProperty Name="created_at" ColumnName="created_at" />
                    <ScalarProperty Name="created_by" ColumnName="created_by" />
                    <ScalarProperty Name="score" ColumnName="score" />
                    <ScalarProperty Name="rank" ColumnName="rank" />
                    <ScalarProperty Name="id" ColumnName="id" />
                    <ScalarProperty Name="score_id" ColumnName="score_id" />
                    <Condition ColumnName="deleted_reason_type_id" IsNull="true" />
                  </MappingFragment>
                </EntityTypeMapping>

when executing a query on the dbset the expected filtering sql is not being generated IE where deleted_reason_type_id is null  any idea how to troubleshoot this?

Friday, May 29, 2015 5:29 AM

Answers

• It appears that this issue is getting caused because the connection string being used is not of type providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" but instead of type providerName="MySql.Data.MySqlClient". It seems that most things will working using the wrong connection string type but adding a condition to the table mapping does not. Hopefully this helps someone else.
    Thursday, June 4, 2015 7:17 PM

All replies

• It appears that this issue is getting caused because the connection string being used is not of type providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" but instead of type providerName="MySql.Data.MySqlClient". It seems that most things will working using the wrong connection string type but adding a condition to the table mapping does not. Hopefully this helps someone else.
    Thursday, June 4, 2015 7:17 PM
  • Hello BigUnit5150,

I'm glad to hear that you got it working.

Thank you for sharing your solutions & experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 5, 2015 2:05 AM