WebView dynamic NotifyScript - or how changes destroy our company's strategy...

Question

• We are currently suffering a very big problem:

We server a Windows 8 application that our clients can download and use it to connect to their internal "FireStart server" - another product that we ship. 

The app itself is a task planner where some tasks can embed logic that is processed at the FireStart server's web portal. Currently we generate a link to the portal at runtime depending on the task (ig. which server the task is coming from, etc...) and then add this url to the "AllowedScriptUrls". 
    Unfortunately, this has changed in windows 8.1 => all URLs that are allowed to call notifyscript have to be declared in the manifest - but how could I now know how one of the servers at our customers intranet will be named - this destroys nearly everything of the strategy we built around this windows 8 app and our web portal. 

is there any suggestion how to overrule this?

thank you

Monday, November 17, 2014 10:30 AM

Answers

• Hi Philipp,

Yes, I can see AllowedScriptNotifyUris property is not possible in Windows 8.1, looks like we can not add or remove some of them while the app is running, probably download the code to local and script notify on the local page? I'm not sure I will consult to see if there are some other possible suggestions.

I think this could be a good thing for you if you are working on an enterprise app: How to update links to external web pages for an enterprise environment

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 8:44 AM