Application won't run after upgrading to Release Candidate / VS2012 (Entry point not found)

Question

• After upgrading my proyect to visual studio 2012 for Windows 8 Release Candidate (from consumer preview) my application no longer starts, with the following exception:

0xC0000139: Entry Point Not Found

Actually the application (a d3d 11 metro sytle game) will not even get to the main method

I have followed the migration dociment, but even by recreating the vcxpproj, the issue remains

Any ideas?

Monday, June 25, 2012 4:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Does this occur in debug and release mode? Have you tried this on any other Release Preview system? You might try capturing a procmon log to see if you can spot any errors in the process initialization.

David Lamb

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 4:29 AM
  • Found the reason, was a consumer preview dll that was being used by the application

Could had the procmon help me finding this out?

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:59 PM
  • Possibly depending on the type of problem (unable to access / find a dependency) otherwise, the next step would have likely been using GFlags.exe (ships in the debuggers tools packages) to enable Loader Snaps for the process and launching from Visual Studio.

David Lamb

Thursday, June 28, 2012 12:29 AM