none
Syncronising Onenote documents on Skydrive RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to access a MS Onenote document via Skydrive and then unpack the file, but it seems that it's not a 'normal' MS-ONESTORE file. 

I can access Skydrive via the API no problem, but I get a 'bad request' if I try to GET an ON document. If I sync using the Skydrive client I can see that the Onenote document is actually a shortcut.

I am assuming that this is because of the way that Onenote/Skydrive synchronisation works, this article explains it some more at a higher level.

So, how do I write a client to pull down those remote changes from Skydrive?

• Edited by Darren Beale Sunday, September 22, 2013 9:07 PM clarity
    Saturday, May 25, 2013 8:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Darren,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, May 27, 2013 5:54 AM
  • Hi,

Any pointers that you can get for me would be greatly appreciated.

Download the file first then sync changes, seems sensible. BUT I can't download the file, as I allude in my OP, the Skydrive API GET for files of type notebook gives a 400:Client Error: Bad request.

• Edited by Darren Beale Sunday, September 22, 2013 9:13 PM clarity
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 8:38 PM
  • Hey Darren,

It could be a problem with the url you are using.  Have you tried using GetItemInfo or ResolveWebUrl to retrieve the url?

If neither of those help, you can try opening a support case and provide a specific example of what you do to get that error.  You can contact Microsoft Product Support directly to discuss additional support options you may have available, by contacting us at 1-(800)936-5800 or by choosing one of the options listed at

http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=fh;en-us;cntactms.?

Brandon

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 10:59 PM