Refresh localized texts of a page in runtime

• I'm developing an Windows Store app which is used by personnel who speak different languages. Typical scenario:

A user logs into my app and and his language is determined and app shows texts in his language. Then when his session is finished another user logs in. His language may be different so I change the app culture in runtime using following code:

ApplicationLanguages.PrimaryLanguageOverride = cultureName;

The problem is that pages opened by previous user aren't get translated whereas pages that weren't opened by previous user are translated when second users opens them. As a workaround, second user can restart the app and then all pages got translated. I was thinking about showing a message to user asking him to restart the app if he wants to see translated texts, however the certification requirements state that: "Your app must neither programmatically close nor offer UI affordances to close it. Windows 8 Process Lifetime Management closes Windows Store apps automatically."

How can I resolve that issue?

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 3:55 PM

All replies

• i assume you use x:uid for the translations in the UI? you need to reload the page to get this fixed.

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 4:57 PM
  • Yes I use x:Uid. How can I reload a page?
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:56 AM