Update a beta app with newer version? RRS feed

• Question

• I could not find anything regarding the process of UPDATING my beta app on the WINDOWS STORE? Do I have to completely resubmit a new beta app and delete the old submission. Or, I would hope there is some way to just update the XAP since all of the other information is the same. Just some bug fixes.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:25 PM

All replies

• Hello FCStuart,

The process for updating your beta app is the same as updating public apps. You should see an option to "update app" or "complete submission" if you already have an update in progress. If you do not see any of these options look at the top for "beta expired" -- betas expire after 90 days from the original publication date regardless of whether you updated it during that period. If your beta has already expired you must submit a new beta under a different alias on your dashboard.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Dev Center

Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:58 PM
  • The issue is I do not see any option for updating the app. It was only submitted a couple days ago and I see it in the store, so I know the beta period has not expired.

I am signing in from  dev.windowsphone.com

After signing in I only see options such as:
    Download Dev Tools, Reveiew Sample Code, Submit App, Install Dev Center App, etc.

(Am I signing in to the wrong area?)

Going in to "Submit App" only allows me new apps.

On what page is the option to "update app".

Despite having gone through every route possible after I sign in, nothing leads me to that option.

I do appreciate your help.

Stuart

Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:19 PM
  • Finally have found it. While it may be obvious, in case anyone else needs to know, you have to go to your dashboard after signing in.
    Friday, October 25, 2013 3:13 PM