WMI Query in windows phone 8.1

Question

• Hi,

Currently i'm working on windows phone (8.1) application using c++ language . I try implement WMI Query using below lib, but i can't. So is there any possible to implement WMI query in mobile application

1. mincore.lib;
    2. msvcprt.lib;
    3. msvcrt.lib;
    4. oldnames.lib;
    5. vccorlib.lib;
    6. vcomp.lib;
    7. wbemuuid.lib

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 1:22 PM

Answers

• Hi Loganathan,

WMI is not supported by windows phone. You cannot use WMI in your windows phone project. An easy work around is to use WebService or WCF. Send you WMI request to WebService, do that query in service and then return result to windows phone.

If you still have questions, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 30, 2014 2:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Loganathan,

WMI is not supported by windows phone. You cannot use WMI in your windows phone project. An easy work around is to use WebService or WCF. Send you WMI request to WebService, do that query in service and then return result to windows phone.

If you still have questions, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 30, 2014 2:59 AM
  • Hi Herro wong,

I am very new to the windows store apps and learning out alot. I am using C# and XAML to develop apps.

I used WMI while developing windows applications(winforms). Now I want to implement the same in windows store apps. As I know it cannot be accessed in windows store apps. Can you please help me out in this?What is the alternative if we cannot query WMI. Please suggest me.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:39 AM