Convert exe to uwp how to submit it RRS feed

• Question

• I have registered the Microsoft developer account, my account type: Individual ,
    My desktop program is converted into a uwp appx package with DAC, which is a successful conversion.
    first I have to write a form and submitted it.
    6 days later, Microsoft replied: next step, register the developer account,          
     I have one, why do I have to register again? my email account is the account.

my Windows Dev Center dashboard, I reserved an application name, but use the value for desktop app converter,
    (Microsoft's system, automatically assigned parameters)
    Package/Identity/Name : 88566XXXSoftware.789456123B95
    convert failed,
    ([A-Za-z][A-Za-z0-9]*)(\.[A-Za-z][A-Za-z0-9]*)* desktop app converter' pattern
    appID is not allowed to start with numbers,
    I have tried to use the strings that start with the letters for appID , convert success,
    but cannot submit by my Windows Dev Center dashboard:
         Invalid package identity name: MYAPP (expected: 88566XXXSoftware.789456123B95)

I knew I could not submit it successfully, but no one told me where to submit it.
    Or they change that appID parameter start with the letters, this also can solve the problem.
    It's almost a month from me submitted the form. What would l do!
    my application is desktop x64 type,
    The individual developer account cannot submit desktop applications, is that true?

Thursday, June 7, 2018 4:35 PM

Answers

• hi,选峰

>why do I have to register again?
     This mail is sent automatically by system in case of someone with no developer account. You can ignore it and wait for a little more time for real contacting by the related team agent.

>I knew I could not submit it successfully, but no one told me where to submit it
     You can unpackage your package ,then try modifying your converted package by changing the package identity name in appxManifest file to match the info in Dev Center. For more detail you can refer to Modify the packaged app. After updating ,you can package again and submit.

> The individual developer account cannot submit desktop applications, is that true?
     The individual developer account can also submit desktop bridge app.

Best Regards
    DaisyTian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 8, 2018 5:39 AM
  • Hi 选峰,

<Identity Name=” 88566XXXSoftware.789456123B95”>
    This name describes the contents of the package. You can refer to Attributes and Elements for more details.

<Application Id="MYAPP">
    Yes, what you do is correct. The default value of this attribute is “App” and should be changed manually by developer. You can refer to Attributes and Elements for more details.

Best Regards
    DaisyTian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by 选峰 Wednesday, June 13, 2018 12:38 AM
    Monday, June 11, 2018 3:25 AM

All replies

• hi,选峰

>why do I have to register again?
     This mail is sent automatically by system in case of someone with no developer account. You can ignore it and wait for a little more time for real contacting by the related team agent.

>I knew I could not submit it successfully, but no one told me where to submit it
     You can unpackage your package ,then try modifying your converted package by changing the package identity name in appxManifest file to match the info in Dev Center. For more detail you can refer to Modify the packaged app. After updating ,you can package again and submit.

> The individual developer account cannot submit desktop applications, is that true?
     The individual developer account can also submit desktop bridge app.

Best Regards
    DaisyTian

MSDN Community Support

Friday, June 8, 2018 5:39 AM
  • hi, DaisyTian

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. Another question ,the appxManifest file have two ID

<Identity Name="88566XXXSoftware.789456123B95"

Is this important======= <Application Id="MYAPP"

I just use my app name, and successfully submitted the AppX package.

Saturday, June 9, 2018 4:07 PM
  • Hi 选峰,

<Identity Name=” 88566XXXSoftware.789456123B95”>
    This name describes the contents of the package. You can refer to Attributes and Elements for more details.

<Application Id="MYAPP">
    Yes, what you do is correct. The default value of this attribute is “App” and should be changed manually by developer. You can refer to Attributes and Elements for more details.

Best Regards
    DaisyTian

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by 选峰 Wednesday, June 13, 2018 12:38 AM
    Monday, June 11, 2018 3:25 AM