Update old android eclipse version with Xamarin new version RRS feed

• Question

• User225241 posted

Hi all, I write in this forum because I'm sure there are more people in the same sceneario as me. I have an old app written using java but now I've written a new version using Xamarin. I'd like to publish this new version as an update. Is there any way to publish my new app as I request? Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 10:45 AM

Answers

• User60257 posted

You need to have the same package name and an incremented version code in your app manifest, and your build must be signed with the same keystore.

If all these match then you are good to go - if any of these don't match (such as a different keystore) the Google play store will reject it.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, September 8, 2016 8:29 AM

All replies

• User200049 posted

Try to re-create it. As far as I know, what you created in Android java, is different from Xamarin.Android since Xamarin is C# driven tool.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 10:51 AM
  • User225241 posted

I believe that the problem is the app id. Thanks MarkVicent.

Thursday, September 8, 2016 8:13 AM
  • User60257 posted

You need to have the same package name and an incremented version code in your app manifest, and your build must be signed with the same keystore.

If all these match then you are good to go - if any of these don't match (such as a different keystore) the Google play store will reject it.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, September 8, 2016 8:29 AM
  • User225241 posted

I've not tried this properly but at the moment the keystore works. Thanks JimBennet.

Friday, September 9, 2016 5:25 PM