Lightswitch BadImageFormatException RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i started a Lightswitch app a couple of days ago and it ran fine. Now silverlight has done an update i get the following error when running the app.

"A BadImageFormatException has been thrown while parsing the signature. this is likely due to the lack of generic context. Ensure genericTypeArguments and genericTypeArguments are provided and contain enough context."

I've also tried a new lightswitch app with a basic table and a listview. with same error.

any ideas what this could be?

thank you

Friday, November 1, 2013 11:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Stefan

According to your description, it seems that this is related to your silverlight update, but I think there is something wrong with your Visual Studio, it's recommended to repair your Visual Studio first,

To repair Visual Studio

1. In Control Panel, on the Programs and Features page, choose the product edition that you want to repair, and then choose Uninstall/Change.

2. In the Setup wizard, choose Repair, choose Next, and then follow the remaining instructions.

If it still has same issue, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, November 18, 2013 12:16 PM
    Tuesday, November 5, 2013 1:57 AM