Azure IoT hub cert verificatin failed : Proof-Of-Possession failed RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any one ever experienced similar error when trying to genarate and verify a new cert for their iot deivce ? 

Proof-Of-Possession failed. Issuer certificate 'CN=a new wifi test' cannot be found in the certificate chain. If you contact a support representative please include this correlation identifier: xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx, timestamp: 2019-03-27 03:36:13Z, errorcode: IH400053.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 3:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please follow the instructions from How to do proof-of-possession for X.509 CA certificates with your Device Provisioning Service and let us know if you were successful.

Also, you may want to refer Managing test CA certificates for more details.
    Wednesday, March 27, 2019 4:29 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for my late reply, I was on vocation.

I did followed the instructions to create and verify the cert. And found if I create the cert with bash (Azure IoT Hub C SDK repo) and verify with power shell (azsphere SDK), I got  the mentioned error. However if I  did both create and verification by the bash script , I could verify the cert successfully.

Is it a library problem or different openssl issue or etc..?

Note: anyway my Azure sphere could not really connect to the IoT hub by the generated cert...

[Azure IoT Hub client] INFO: AzureIoT_DoPeriodicTasks calls in progress...
    [Azure IoT Hub client] INFO: IoT Hub connection is down (IOTHUB_CLIENT_CONNECTION_NO_NETWORK), retrying connection in 5 seconds...
    [Azure IoT Hub client] INFO: IoT Hub connection is down (IOTHUB_CLIENT_CONNECTION_DEVICE_DISABLED), retrying connection in 5 seconds..

Is there a way to check or do a simulated device?

Thanks in advanced.

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 9:05 AM
  • I'm having the same problem

[Azure IoT Hub client] INFO: AzureIoT_DoPeriodicTasks calls in progress...

And I have all certificates in azure provisioning and In Iot Hub

Don't know why yet..

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:59 PM
  • Please open an issue here: https://github.com/Azure/azure-iot-sdk-c/issues for further help on this.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 12:05 PM