none
Problem generating sequence diagram etc. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I've upgraded (rather uninstalled premium and installed ultimate) my visual studio to ultimate. When I right click and try to generate sequence diagram or tries to generate dependency graph I get the following error

"The 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Progression.ProgressionPackage, Microsoft.VisualStudio.Progression.VSPackage, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' package did not load correctly."

I added the /log switch and found the following in the activitylog:

"

<entry>
        <record>562</record>
        <time>2011/06/07 14:42:20.733</time>
        <type>Information</type>
        <source>VisualStudio</source>
        <description>Begin package load [Microsoft.VisualStudio.Progression.ProgressionPackage, Microsoft.VisualStudio.Progression.VSPackage, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a]</description>
        <guid>{AD1A73B0-C489-4C9C-B1FE-EEA54CD19A4F}</guid>
      </entry>
      <entry>
        <record>563</record>
        <type>Error</type>
        <description>SetSite failed for package [Microsoft.VisualStudio.Progression.ProgressionPackage, Microsoft.VisualStudio.Progression.VSPackage, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a]</description>
        <hr>80131522</hr>
        <errorinfo>Method 'HasIntellisenseType' in type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Progression.DTEWrapperCached' from assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Progression.VSPackage, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' does not have an implementation.</errorinfo>
      </entry>
      <entry>
        <record>564</record>
        <type>Error</type>
        <description>End package load [Microsoft.VisualStudio.Progression.ProgressionPackage, Microsoft.VisualStudio.Progression.VSPackage, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a]</description>
        <hr>80131522</hr>
        <errorinfo>Method 'HasIntellisenseType' in type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Progression.DTEWrapperCached' from assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Progression.VSPackage, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' does not have an implementation.</errorinfo>
      </entry>

"

But I don't know how to solve this issiue, I've tried to repair the installation, removed all plugins, did devenv.exe /setup etc. nothing works.

Do anyone know how to solve this issiue?

Cheers,

Mario

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 1:27 PM

Answers

• Hi, I've solved the problem with uninstalling *everything* and deleted any existence of visual studio, plugins etc via uninstallers, manual fs and registry. Re-installed vs 2010 ultimate and now it works :).

Not preffered solution though - but it worked - took me a day to do clean and re-install :)

Cheers,

Mario

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 6:17 AM

All replies

• Hi, I've solved the problem with uninstalling *everything* and deleted any existence of visual studio, plugins etc via uninstallers, manual fs and registry. Re-installed vs 2010 ultimate and now it works :).

Not preffered solution though - but it worked - took me a day to do clean and re-install :)

Cheers,

Mario

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 6:17 AM
  • I actuallty have an update on this issiue... I've installed, almost, all my earlier plug-ins etc and everything worked just fine. But this morning I installed the Productivity tools (microsoft) and a npe occurred when trying to generate sequence diagram. I have now un-installed it and now the generation of sequence diagrams is working again.

Am I the only one experienceing this?

Cheers,

Mario 

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 7:23 AM
  • Mario,

I just want to make sure I know what you have installed.  You have 2010 Ultimate with SP1, added the Productivity Power Tool and Sequence Gen broke?  Or are there more details?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Groves | Program Manager | Visual Studio
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 4:08 PM
  • Hi Mark,

That's true, I had vs 2010 Ultimate + SP1 and other extensions

* TFS powertools

* Telerik ORM, Reporting, Silverlight, ASP.NET, ...

and by adding Productivity Power Tool from extension manager will break the sequence (by a npe). I can add logging (vs system.diagnostics trace config) and send the output to you.

Cheers,

Mario

Friday, June 17, 2011 8:32 AM
  • I have found that it is the power tools. Had a problem, uninstalled the Power tools and poof it works.

Hope this helps someone.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 8:21 PM