video controller driver problem on sony vgn-fe770g help?

Question

• sony vaio vgn fe770g is video controller diver is missing. how can i install driver on win 8?
    Saturday, January 7, 2012 4:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have checked out the site, apparently, the latest they are offering for download is a 2007 Vista driver. Please look for this or a more recent one, download it and run it in Compatibility Mode as per the guidelines given on the link. Alternatively, you may try installing the downloaded driver through the Device Manager, by right-clicking on the driver, selecting Update and choosing the second option on the dialog box that opens, Browse my computer for driver software, browse to the downloaded driver and selecting to install it. Sincerely hope this works.

Irfan
    Saturday, January 7, 2012 5:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have checked out the site, apparently, the latest they are offering for download is a 2007 Vista driver. Please look for this or a more recent one, download it and run it in Compatibility Mode as per the guidelines given on the link. Alternatively, you may try installing the downloaded driver through the Device Manager, by right-clicking on the driver, selecting Update and choosing the second option on the dialog box that opens, Browse my computer for driver software, browse to the downloaded driver and selecting to install it. Sincerely hope this works.

Irfan
    Saturday, January 7, 2012 5:22 PM
  • Are you getting any error in display driver or it is just error in device manager.

If it won't cause issue in display , then ignore it. Since it is pre-Beta version driver compatibility are expected.

I also suggest to report this issue to Sony's support.

Sunday, January 8, 2012 10:55 AM