Unable to save picture/photos downloaded from the Internet in JPG/JPEG format RRS feed

• Question

•  IE 11 and the new explorer supplied with Windows 10, does not allow me to save copied picture in JPG format.

Only allows me to save as PNG and BMP.

What do I need to do to be able to save as JPEG/JPG????

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 2:03 AM

Answers

•  IE 11 and the new explorer supplied with Windows 10, does not allow me to save copied picture in JPG format.

Only allows me to save as PNG and BMP.

What do I need to do to be able to save as JPEG/JPG????

FYI: This is entirely in the wrong support forum.

I would assume that most sites don't use jpeg/jpg format anymore so the pictures you are right clicking/saving will not be in that format. I believe this is because PNG allows transparency like a gif and jpg does not. PNG is a newer, better format. 

I did a quick test with Win 10 IE on Bing images and the first picture I chose allowed me to save as JPEG/JPG. I'm pretty sure the save as dialog uses the extension of the picture you are saving so a PNG will not save a JPG. BMP will not save as JPG.

1. If you want JPG for PNG images, there are conversion tools out there.
    2. You can also open a PNG in Paint.NET or GIMP and save as a different format.
    3. You could also use snag-it or the built in Windows Snipping tool to create your own image.

I hope that helps.

I hope you found this helpful! If you did, please vote it as helpful on the left. If it answered your question, please mark it as the answer below. :)

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 2:58 AM