none
fps RRS feed

• Question

• only getting 10 fps on win x64. Skeletal viewer gets 30, is it a limit of this driver? Cheers developer dude, nive work.
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 3:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Hammerer,

Which sensor are you using when you're only getting 10 fps?  Is it the video or the depth?  I know that certain resolutions of the video capture at 1280x720 are limited to 12 fps max, so if you're only getting 10 that might be due to any additional processing you're doing on the captured frames.

If you run 640x480 though you should be able to get 30 fps.

If you're not, then I've found certain operations in .NET can slow down the camera time (like if you're filling in a player position with a custom color).  If you're referencing the color value each loop it was VERY slow to render, but if I pre-assigned the color values to a few local bytes, my frame rate returned to normal.

I hope this helps,

~Jonathan Tanner - [MSFT]

Jonathan Tanner | Microsoft | Windows Phone 7 Support | This posting is provided 'as is' with no warranties and confers no rights.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Hammerer,

Which sensor are you using when you're only getting 10 fps?  Is it the video or the depth?  I know that certain resolutions of the video capture at 1280x720 are limited to 12 fps max, so if you're only getting 10 that might be due to any additional processing you're doing on the captured frames.

If you run 640x480 though you should be able to get 30 fps.

If you're not, then I've found certain operations in .NET can slow down the camera time (like if you're filling in a player position with a custom color).  If you're referencing the color value each loop it was VERY slow to render, but if I pre-assigned the color values to a few local bytes, my frame rate returned to normal.

I hope this helps,

~Jonathan Tanner - [MSFT]

Jonathan Tanner | Microsoft | Windows Phone 7 Support | This posting is provided 'as is' with no warranties and confers no rights.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:16 AM
  • Try what jonathan says above it sounds logical because I read the getting started articles and watched the depth video on channel 9 so jonathan sounds correct. Please mark as answered if it worked.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

Thursday, March 1, 2012 1:34 PM