none
Project Server - Publishing of Projects Table MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay is empty. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

i have a problem with Publishing of Projects. The Table MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay in Reporting database after Publishing is empty. What can i do? Cann enybody help me?

Thank You!

Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:01 AM

Answers

• Hi Vasily,

you can try 3 things (in this sequence)

• Check time on yor servers: Project Server, SQL Server and als Reporting Server, if your reporting DB is on a different server. It has to be the same on all of them.
    • Restart services (I don't think, it will help since are jobs are sucessful. However, it is quite easy ;-). Make sure, that no user will be disturbed with that.
    • Rebuild your RDB. Gary wrote a great description how to do that at http://www.projectserverexperts.com/ProjectServerFAQKnowledgeBase/forcerebuildofprojectserverreportingdatabase.aspx. Note the last sentence "Allow time for the reporting rebuild job to run. You can track the state of this job on the Manage Queue page." It will take some time. You can see that something is still ahppening if you add "Success" for Job Completion states in Manage Queue.

Good luck!
    Barbara

Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Vasily,

do you have any errors in your queue when you publish the project?

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:34 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

yes, sometimes i became a Message like "Waiting for processing(Standby) 0%". 

Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:46 AM
  • Hi Vasily,

first of all you need to check if any (very old) job is stuck and blocks your reporting job. Change the history setting on the page to see old jobs (say from begin of September) and hopefully this will identify what is making the jobs wait. I think a lot of jobs will be listed there. You can scroll through several pages in the right bottom corner. Can you find the very first blocking, sleeping, waiting job? What kind of jobs are there? In which state?

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:00 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

by "Job States" i have all Jobs but not "Success"

Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:25 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

There are only Jobs with with state "Waiting for processing(Standby) 0%". 

Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:41 AM
  • Hi Vasily,

all of these jobs are reporting jobs?

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:42 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

Yes! Reporting(Project Publish), Reporting(Resource Sync)

Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:50 AM
  • Hi Vasily,

you can try 3 things (in this sequence)

• Check time on yor servers: Project Server, SQL Server and als Reporting Server, if your reporting DB is on a different server. It has to be the same on all of them.
    • Restart services (I don't think, it will help since are jobs are sucessful. However, it is quite easy ;-). Make sure, that no user will be disturbed with that.
    • Rebuild your RDB. Gary wrote a great description how to do that at http://www.projectserverexperts.com/ProjectServerFAQKnowledgeBase/forcerebuildofprojectserverreportingdatabase.aspx. Note the last sentence "Allow time for the reporting rebuild job to run. You can track the state of this job on the Manage Queue page." It will take some time. You can see that something is still ahppening if you add "Success" for Job Completion states in Manage Queue.

Good luck!
    Barbara

Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:57 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

thank you very much! I'll try it!

Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:01 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:48 AM
  • Great to read. Which step helped in your situation?

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:49 AM
  • The Step 3 - I just rebuild RDB!

Best Regards

Vasily

Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:56 AM