none
Adding a Certificate to Azure RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

Would you like to check your hosted service in Windows Azure Management Portal? Select your role, and you can find the "Config" option in the tool box is available, you can try to click is and config certificate with your Endpoints, but this operation may need interrupt your service (if you have only 1 instance running on the cloud), but you can update it without re-deploy the whole application.

Note: Make sure the configuration is OK in local test environment and then config it with your hosted service.

Or use this Azure RESTful Mangement API for update the configuation of the role (Need Base-64 encode):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/ee460809.aspx

Hope this helps.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

Saturday, April 14, 2012 6:49 AM

All replies

• Just to try to clear things up a little bit. This is the step I want to know if I can modify while the service is running:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/ff795779.aspx#addtoscsfg

So if my service is already running and I use the Management portal to upload the certificate to my hosted service, can I then somehow let the service know to start using this certificate without needing to redeploy?

My overall goal here, is to be able to create multiple Client Certificates used for authentication. I have my web.config setup with the following:

<behaviours>

<behaviour name="testing">

<serviceCredentials>

<clientCertificate>

<authentication certificateValidationMode="PeerTrust" />

</clientCertificate>

</serviceCredentials>

</behaviour>

</behaviours>

So whenever I add a new accepted client certificate I would like to get it into the system without needing to do a deployment. Any suggestions on how to go about this?

Friday, April 13, 2012 5:09 PM
  • Hi,

Would you like to check your hosted service in Windows Azure Management Portal? Select your role, and you can find the "Config" option in the tool box is available, you can try to click is and config certificate with your Endpoints, but this operation may need interrupt your service (if you have only 1 instance running on the cloud), but you can update it without re-deploy the whole application.

Note: Make sure the configuration is OK in local test environment and then config it with your hosted service.

Or use this Azure RESTful Mangement API for update the configuation of the role (Need Base-64 encode):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/ee460809.aspx

Hope this helps.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

Saturday, April 14, 2012 6:49 AM