none
Touchscreen Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.
    How to make Quebec image more touchscreen friendly?

I have issues using it on device without keyboard.
    1. If Quebec shutdown incorrectly I get stuck just after POST in "Windows Error Recovery". Sometimes it require to reboot again to boot Quebec. How to turn off this waiting and Start Windows Normally always by default?
    2. I added Accessibility and TabletPC Support packages, but found no way to open on-screen keyboard by default and no way to re-open it, if its closed. Opening keyboard with TabletPC gesture didn't work too.
    3. How to make TablePC input panel default on-screen keyboard (Logon and System) and open it already docked?
    4. Is there some Language bar or something that will let me switch input language (use tabtip.exe instead of osk.exe).
    5. How to change input language key sequence? I want to change from Alt+Shift to Ctrl+Shift.

I want to know how to make it all in ICE and without auditSystem/auditUser passes.
    Monday, September 21, 2009 4:04 PM

All replies

• 1. If Quebec shutdown incorrectly I get stuck just after POST in "Windows Error Recovery". Sometimes it require to reboot again to boot Quebec. How to turn off this waiting and Start Windows Normally always by default?

[kailei] Windows Error Recovery will appear when your Windows didn’t shut down successfully, such as Power off  or system files are destroyed ,this is also a way Windows protecting data.In these situations , Windows should provide User choices to boot into Safe Mode for him to fix system issues, and this is also a reminder to Users that their system is shut down by accident . This function maybe controlled by %windir%\bootstat.dat, however , I don’t know how to modify this file to allow User start windows normally.

2. I added Accessibility and TabletPC Support packages, but found no way to open on-screen keyboard by default and no way to re-open it, if its closed. Opening keyboard with TabletPC gesture didn't work too.

[kailei] To start on screen keyboard automatically, you can do the following steps:

Click “Start” menuàClick ”Control Panel” in the start menuàClick “Ease of Access”àClick “Ease of Access Center”àClick “Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard”àCheck “Use On-Screen Keyboard”àApplyàOK.Then onscreen keyboard can start automatically every time you log on the system.  As for tabletPC, it is required for osk.exe to work although it is an optional deps of Accessibility.  

3. How to make TablePC input panel default on-screen keyboard (Logon and System) and open it already docked?

[kailei] Maybe the real intention of this question is to start osk.exe automatically? If this, the above resolution can work, if not, customer can run “  reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"   /v RunTabletPC /d "%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink\tabtip.exe"     ” to make tabletPC run automatically every time.

4. Is there some Language bar or something that will let me switch input language (use tabtip.exe instead of osk.exe).

[kailei] Maybe this function should not belong to TabletPC, On screen Keyboard is a good expert to do this work. So choosing osk.exe to switch language is necessary.

5. How to change input language key sequence? I want to change from Alt+Shift to Ctrl+Shift.

[kailei] Click StartàInput intl.cpl in search boxàEnter, wait “Region and Language ” to pop upàClick “Keyboards and Language”àClick “Change keyboards..”àClick “Advanced Key settings”àselect “Between input languages” in “Hot keys for input languages” sectionàClick “Change Key Sequence…”à Check “Ctrl+Shift”àOKàApplyàOK, then you can to change  language switcher to from Alt+Shift to Ctrl+Shift.

I want to know how to make it all in ICE and without auditSystem/auditUser passes.

This precondition astonished meJ, making these resolutions all in ICE is not within my ability, however, if this is really necessary , I think I can create scripts to configure eWin7 correctly to satisfy customer.

Monday, October 19, 2009 8:43 AM
  • For (1) , see answer in a related thread

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/quebecmisc/thread/12806c89-3592-4748-83dd-5b55eabec5a1

Thanks
    Srikanth
    Srikanth Kamath [MSFT]
    Monday, October 19, 2009 4:59 PM
  • How can I bring up the new onscreen keyboard/handwriting input panel? I have Windows 8 installed on a resistive screen UMPC (Viliv S5), and it pops up *occasionally* - usually at the Lock screen. But even when I have the onscreen keyboard icon running on the taskbar, and click on it, all I get is a black bar at the bottom of the screen saying "dock". No onscreen keyboard, no TIP handwriting box. Screen rez seems to make no difference - the Viliv S5 supports all the Metro resolution requirements, but that does not make the keyboard show. Is there any way to get this up manually?

I can get the onscreen keyboard that comes with the Windows Ease of Access center, but it's the HWR input panel that I'm really after.

Friday, September 23, 2011 12:56 PM
  • This forum for Windows 7 Embedded (WES7). You might want to go back to the Windows 8 dev site for the Windows 8 forum.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Friday, September 23, 2011 5:23 PM
  • I don't understand why you only get a black bar but you can switch between the layouts within the OSK. I think it was a button on the right side of the standard OSK. Then you get the handwriting box.
    "Mark/Propose As Answer" if you got one.
    Friday, September 23, 2011 6:15 PM