none
visual studio 2010 error message

Question

• When executing some code in Visual studio 2010, I obtained the error message listed in the picture below. When I looked for the AcvitityLog.xml in the location listed, I could not find the file.

Also part of the message says "by running the application together with the /log parameter on the command line", I do not know what that means.

*Note: I am running my application on the 'D" drive of my workstation. However I do also have a "C" drive.

Thus can you tell me what the message means listed above and how I can find the file that is being referred to in the picture below?

Friday, December 16, 2016 12:13 AM

Answers

• Hi wendy,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>> Also part of the message says "by running the application together with the /log parameter on the command line", I do not know what that means.

About the devenv /log command, you can have a look at this: /Log (devenv.exe) and we can know the following message:

Logs all activity to the log file for troubleshooting. This file appears after you've called devenv /log at least once. By default, the log file is:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Version\ActivityLog.xml

where Version is the Visual Studio version. However, you may specify a different path and file name.

I took the VS 2015 to have a test and found the corresponding ActivityLog.xml as below:

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 16, 2016 3:25 AM