none
What CLR version fixes the "DoStackSnapshot on 64-bit CLR 4" bug? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Micah71381,

I just confirm with David.

He said "CLR 4.5" which means .net 4.5. And he told me that

anything >= 4.0.30319.17379 would have the fix.

However, I still suggest you deliver the version number of RTM to your cusotmers 4.0.30319.17929, I think it will be better for production envrionment.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks,

Alan Yao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Micah Zoltu Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:00 PM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This was fixed along with version of .net 4.5

CLR remains unchanged no new changes but bugs are fixed

Regards,

Stygen

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:07 AM
  • I was looking for a file version number that I could rely on to know whether the fix was in place or not.  Once I have identified with my customers that they have a broken version via file version I can tell them to install .NET 4.5 but I first need to verify they have the buggy version (programmatically from within their application).

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_.NET_Framework_versions 4.0.30319.17929 was the CLR version that went out with the RTM of .NET 4.5, so I assume that has the fix?  Does 4.0.30319.17020, 4.0.30319.17379, or 4.0.30319.17626 contain the fix as well?

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 7:21 PM
  • Hi Micah71381,

I will involve David Broman to answer your question. I think he means .net 4.5 . And I believe it makes more sense to set your customers expectation on RTM version for any production envrionment.

Thanks, 

Alan Yao [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 8:24 AM
  • Hi ,

You can check the installed .net versions on the client computers by checking the registry

please refer to the below link

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/951856/is-there-an-easy-way-to-check-net-framework-version-using-c

Regards,

Stygen

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 10:21 AM
  • Hi Micah71381,

I just confirm with David.

He said "CLR 4.5" which means .net 4.5. And he told me that

anything >= 4.0.30319.17379 would have the fix.

However, I still suggest you deliver the version number of RTM to your cusotmers 4.0.30319.17929, I think it will be better for production envrionment.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks,

Alan Yao [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by Micah Zoltu Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:00 PM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:21 PM
  • Thanks.  I do plan on recommending users update to .NET 4.5 as the solution to the problem.

However, within the application I want to be able to programmatically test to see if the bug they are experiencing is the one in question or something else.  The easiest way to do this is to check the version number on mscorlib.dll to find out if they have the fix or not.  If they don't I can just tell them to update to .NET 4.5.  If they do then I will know that it is some other problem in my code that I need to address.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:00 PM