question about Accessibility on GridView items from GetVirtualizedFilesVector RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I cutomize my GridView as "XAML accessibility sample" suggested, and it works until I get my data source from

GetVirtualizedFilesVector;

When I run the app, using Narrator as the accessibility tool; when I use Tab key to navigate to GridView item,

the "blue" box of Narrator will not cover on the data item, so no voice will be delivered, why ?

the sample code is :

xaml:

<local:NarratorGridView x:Name="AllPhotoItems"  ItemsSource="{Binding Source={StaticResource itemsViewSource}}"/>

cs:(set data using GetVirtualizedFilesVector)

var queryOptions = new QueryOptions();
    queryOptions.FolderDepth = FolderDepth.Deep;
    queryOptions.IndexerOption = IndexerOption.UseIndexerWhenAvailable;
    queryOptions.SortOrder.Clear();
    queryOptions.FileTypeFilter.Add(".png");
    var sortEntry = new SortEntry();
    sortEntry.PropertyName = "System.DateModified"; 
    sortEntry.AscendingOrder = false;
    queryOptions.SortOrder.Add(sortEntry);
    StorageFolder sFolder = await KnownFolders.PicturesLibrary.GetFolderAsync(phoneInfo.PhoneName + " " + phoneInfo.PhoneMac);//phoneInfo.PhoneName//Lenovo S850e
    var fileQuery = sFolder.CreateFileQueryWithOptions(queryOptions);
    const uint size = 190; // default size for PicturesView mode
    var fileInformationFactory = new FileInformationFactory(fileQuery, ThumbnailMode.PicturesView, size, ThumbnailOptions.UseCurrentScale, true);
    itemsViewSource.Source = fileInformationFactory.GetVirtualizedFilesVector();

programmer

Thursday, January 2, 2014 8:25 AM

All replies

• I'll ask our accessibility expert to look at this.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, January 3, 2014 1:32 PM
  • It's not clear exactly what you are doing or what you are running into. Can you provide a minimal sample demonstrating the problem and a clear description of the repro steps and how the expected and actual behavior differ?

If the problem is that you can tab into the GridView but can't tab between the items within the GridView then use the arrow keys to navigate inside the grid.

--Rob

Saturday, January 4, 2014 12:29 AM