How will updates be applied?

General discussion

• How will updates to Windows 8 Developer Build be delivered?  When the Betas are made available, will we be able to just upgrade from the Dev. build?
    If all is not lost, where is it?
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 8:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We cannot know that now, but normally there is not upgrade from Preview to beta and so on, most of times, you have to do a clean installation.

Regards,

Saturday, September 17, 2011 8:18 PM
  • Hello LarryE1946,

I must agree with Sergio Calderón. At this time we can only speculate as to what will be done. If memory serves me well though with the Windows 7 Public Beta you could upgrade to the Release Candidate. Though it was not recommended to do so aside from testing purposes.

Keep in mind that this is not meant to be used as your production/everyday Operating System. It is meant to be a preview for developers and enthusiasts to test it.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 8:30 PM
  • Thank you Sergio and Steven for your sage input.  I guess we'll just have to wait.  Only been 3 days and already I'm looking for updates and Betas.  Just a little anxious, don't you think?  ☺
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 8:56 PM
  • It will be a while before a beta arrives, but there are updates through Windows Update right now if you have not installed them.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 9:02 PM
  • Thanks TrekDozer, appreciate your input.  Yes, I did get those this morning.  I'm really excited about this OS.
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 9:13 PM