How do I determine space used, and IO bandwidth used for a given Shared Access Signature? RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to use Shared Access Signatures to permit the storage of bulk data into my back end, but I'm unsure how to track and monitor this usage.  How do I track IO count, bandwith used, and storage used in this scenario?
    • Edited by ChrisLaMont Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:19 PM
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:01 PM

Answers

• Perhaps I can infer it by using a shared access key with a limited duration. 

This would probably work although Put Blob is a repeatable operation since it is used to create new as well as update existing blobs. It would be possible for someone to keep uploading the same blob and thereby consume bandwidth.

• Marked as answer by Yi-Lun Luo Thursday, October 7, 2010 9:51 AM
    Friday, October 1, 2010 2:57 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• How do I track IO count, bandwith used, and storage used in this scenario?

You can't track the IO Count and bandwidth. You can find the storage used with CloudBlobContainer.ListBlobs().

Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:35 PM
    Answerer

Do you think MSFT would eventually log Azure Blob HTTP requests in IIS format.  That would be almost ideal.

Friday, October 1, 2010 4:57 AM

This would probably work although Put Blob is a repeatable operation since it is used to create new as well as update existing blobs. It would be possible for someone to keep uploading the same blob and thereby consume bandwidth.

• Marked as answer by Yi-Lun Luo Thursday, October 7, 2010 9:51 AM
    Friday, October 1, 2010 2:57 PM
    Answerer