Live ID RRS feed

• Question

•  

Is this website supposed to work with Windows Live ID, yes or no and don't delete my post please if you can't make it work how it ought to..

Saturday, October 13, 2007 12:01 PM

Answers

•  me.compositor wrote:
    I just want it to work like any other live id compatible website.

It works for me and most everyone else so saying you want it to work is unproductive. If you are having problems then describe them; it is impossible for anyone to help you if you simply say you want it to work.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 8:59 AM

All replies

• Obvioulsy you can post. You did not specify what the problem is. Emotional dumps such as this might be gratifying for you but there is nothing anyone else can do to help unless you describe a problem.

You are more likely to get help if you are nice and you describe the problem technically without the emotions.

Sunday, October 14, 2007 5:39 AM
  • Every time I say something which points towards a problem with the website, I get the alert but the forum no longer exists.

Monday, October 15, 2007 1:54 AM
  • I am sorry, but I think you need to be more specific than that. What do you mean by "say something"? Do you mean create a thread or reply to a thread or something else? Have you had a problem with this thread? Are you using Live Id with this thread? What do you mean by "points towards a problem with the website"? Do you get an error message, or does this mean create a thread or is this a conversation you have with someone else?

If you are describing threads you have created but you can't find, then you need to be specific about what the subject was ans what the forums was that you created your thread in.

Monday, October 15, 2007 9:09 AM
  •  

I am trying to offer positive critisism regarding the implementation of Windows Live ID at the Technet Forum because as I am aware the website is forums.microsoft.com and not forums.technet.microsoft.com, which I think it should be however the Windows Live ID implementation is different from anything else I've used pertaining to Live ID (formerly Passport) and it doesn't seem to want to even save my email address or password combination and it not only makes for a very frustrating experience, it also means I have to sign-in every single time no matter what I do and I want it to be fixed asap.

Thank you

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 5:44 AM
  •  me.compositor wrote:
    it doesn't seem to want to even save my email address or password combination

Then that is what you need to say.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 7:51 AM
  •  Simple Samples wrote:

me.compositor wrote:
    it doesn't seem to want to even save my email address or password combination

Then that is what you need to say.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 8:31 AM
  •  me.compositor wrote:

It works for me and most everyone else so saying you want it to work is unproductive. If you are having problems then describe them; it is impossible for anyone to help you if you simply say you want it to work.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 8:59 AM
  • For me it doesn't keep me logged in even if I have all of the options selected.
    Thursday, January 31, 2008 12:56 AM
  • How long are you expecting it to keep you logged in?

Thursday, January 31, 2008 3:07 AM
  • I do expect that it should at least be consistent with any other Live ID website, wouldn't you?
    Friday, February 1, 2008 7:58 AM
  • In other words, you don't know how long to expect it to keep you logged in.

Friday, February 1, 2008 4:26 PM
  • Should I?
    Friday, February 1, 2008 9:44 PM
  •  Simple Samples wrote:

In other words, you don't know how long to expect it to keep you logged in.

Of course you should if you make a comment about it.

Friday, February 1, 2008 9:53 PM
  • Every now and then it says "you have been logged out of TechNet forums".

Thank you
    Saturday, February 2, 2008 8:00 AM
  • Most of us would prefer to remain signed in to these forums permanently or at least for months at a time or something such as that, as do forums in most other sites do. Microsoft has chosen not to do that. There are many things in life that don't work the way we want them to. You can express a preferrence for a different design, but it does not help to make vague complaints. It does help to be clear about what you want to be different.

Saturday, February 2, 2008 11:06 AM
  • Ok, well the obvious question would therefore be, why?
    Sunday, February 3, 2008 12:02 PM
  • Obviously that is the question but why also when clicking "Save my e-mail address and password" it appears to have limited effect.
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:15 PM
  • Ive been doing that for3mo no one can help.

Saturday, July 1, 2017 5:30 PM