We couldn’t get your developer license for Windows 8.1 - Error 0x8007000D

Question

• Hello everybody, 

I've an error when I try to get my developer license with a live ID account.

I just want to develop a Windows 8.1 store app. 

First I start Visual Studio 2013, create a new projet Windows 8.1 Universal.

A prompt dialog ask me to loggon with my LiveID (which is an enterprise developer account, paid 75€) then the following error append : "We couldn’t get your developer license for Windows 8.1 - Error 0x8007000D"

Same error with the PowerShell cmdlet : Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration

I already searched on differents topics but nothing is helping me.

I really need to activate the license cause the project began last week so I'm late...

Please help me to find a solution.

Regards, 

Armand.

• Edited by Armand Chard Wednesday, October 22, 2014 1:32 PM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 1:06 PM

Answers

• I have no idea why this happens, did you even try with reboot the system, I could only suggest you something quite general.

You may already have support cases associated with your developer account so you can use your developer account to open a support case.  

1.)    Visit the URL: http://aka.ms/storesupport with your developer account. 
    2.)    It will ask you to choose the support type. And get support from Call/Email.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Armand,

Sounds like a network issue, probably your Visual Studio cannot communicate with remote license server, please try with another network or use a network without proxy etc to see if the problem can be fixed.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:21 AM
  • Thank you for your answer James,

I thought it was about my network too but I tried at home and this my phone personal hotspot, No changes.

Any ideas?

Armand.

Thursday, October 23, 2014 7:02 AM
  • I have no idea why this happens, did you even try with reboot the system, I could only suggest you something quite general.

You may already have support cases associated with your developer account so you can use your developer account to open a support case.  

1.)    Visit the URL: http://aka.ms/storesupport with your developer account. 
    2.)    It will ask you to choose the support type. And get support from Call/Email.

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:01 AM