none
API Guide error 50003 - The KPD-Team RRS feed

All replies

• I'm familiar with the AllAPI guide, but I don't see any indication in your post of what particular API method you're trying to use.  Are you saying the API Guide itself isn't working?

Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
    Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

Monday, August 15, 2016 4:06 PM
  • Oops....sorry about that Dirk.

I'm not referring to the codes or Access at all. I have been using AllAPI over the years and it's been very handy because it has good examples and greatly help with my work in Access.

This AllAPI Guide application used to work in Windows 7, after the latest update, it throws the error.

I have been googling/searching over many months without success. I could not find anyone ever posted anywhere of a solution. Since this application ALLAPI is also used in Access VBA, I thought that there maybe people over here might encounter this problem as well.

I don't know what else is missing like dll, ocx. Tried a few, still no success.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 1:25 AM
  • >>>This AllAPI Guide application used to work in Windows 7, after the latest update, it throws the error.

According to your description, since this is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Access for Developers and AllAPI is third-party, I suggest that you could contact with AllAPI developers to seek official help.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 2:44 AM
  • David, I know it's nothing to do with Access. I have tried contacting them on the feedback. I'm looking for others using this app that might have a solution.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 6:27 AM
  • It doesn't work in Vista now, either -- it fails with the same error.  Since it requires the VB5 runtime, I suspect that may be where the problem lies.

Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
    Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 3:47 PM
  • AV - KPD team pretty much gave up the ghost around 2002. Have you tried googling the API library name itself?

Bill Mosca
    www.thatlldoit.com
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 8:47 PM
  • It's working now. Suspect some updates on Windows 7 for the last 3 weeks, I think.
    Monday, November 28, 2016 8:56 AM