Infopath 2010: Repeating Table with Exterenal Data from SP list. How to create hyperlink? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to create a help desk system base on MS BPM IT Help desk powerpoint example.

For every new IT Ticket, Infopath will display a list of relevant FAQ articles base on the category of the ticket. I got the display to work but cannot figure out how to create the hyperlink to the actual article in SharePoint.

I have an external connection to pull the Articles from SharePoint List.

I then apply a conditional format so it only shows article with the same category codes as is on the ticket.

I change the control in the repeating table for this to hyperlink. So it is displaying the title of each related FAQ article as an hyperlink. When I click on the hyperlink it does to an URL like below:
    x-view://affba/How%20to%20change%20email%20signature

I have been trying to find a way so the hyperlink will have something like this when I click whilst still have the title as display. I cannot find how to do this though.
    http://intranet/helpdesk/Lists/Frequently%20Asked%20Questions/Item/displayifs.aspx?ID=[ID]

Any suggestions?

Thursday, November 17, 2011 5:24 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Thanks,
    Qiao

Friday, November 18, 2011 1:50 PM
  • Hi quacka,

I am trying to reproduce the behavior you are describing in a test template, however, I don't believe I have enough information.  How is your list configured?  Do you have a simple hyperlink column?

Are the hyperlinks in this list correctly formatted with 'http://' in front?

Are you displaying the secondary data connection in your InfoPath template as a repeating table containing these hyperlinks?

Thanks!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Regards,
    Ian Kavanagh
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 12:00 AM