cryptor 5 and crystal reports problem. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a visual foxpro program that uses both cryptor 5 to encrypt dbf files and crystal reports to generate some reports.

when I run the program without encryption dbf files using cryptor 5 it works fine , but when using the cryptor 5 to encrypt the dbf files reports come out with an error 1429 , Error detected by database DLL.

Is there any relation between cryptor 5 and crystal reports . I remeber that the same program was working 100 % on my computer that has vista without any problem. but after I format the computer because of Harddisk change I began to face this problem.

Any help please.

Monday, July 9, 2012 11:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• It seems you did not install everything necessary for Cryptor and/or Crystal.

Look at detail errorr info provided by AERROR() function and then ask Cryptor and/or Crystal vendors for the solution. Both of them are paid products and their support should know the answer.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 8:19 AM
  • What type of database access are you using for Crystal? Is it ODBC? OLE-DB?

Craig Berntson
    MCSD, Visual C# MVP
    INETA Community Speaker
    www.craigberntson.com

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:24 PM
  • I am using ODBC , and it works well before calling the cryptor5 code .

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 11:21 PM
  • The error provided the following information

OLE (Dispatch exception code 0 from CrystalReport: Error detected by database DLL... Error detected by database DLL.

CrystalReport

developr.hlp

Any suggestions ??

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 11:43 PM
  • Now it is clear the bug is reported by CrystalReport DLL.

The message also says: Look at developer.hlp for more info, the OLE 2.0 exception number is 20534.

You may also contact Crystal directly at http://www.crystalreports.com/ 

Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:48 AM
  • I can't find any documentation for OLE exceptions in the help.
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:13 PM
  • Can any one help please ??

I am stuck between cryptor 5 and crystal reports .

I am familiar with crystal reports 8.5 . yesterday I installed CR 11 R2 , but I failed to run my 8.5 reports on CR 11.

I am using visual foxpro 9 sp2 , but I don't know how to use CR  11 instead of CR 8.5

any recommendations are welcome.

Friday, July 13, 2012 10:27 PM
  • What happens if you use OLE-DB instead or ODBC?

Craig Berntson
    MCSD, Visual C# MVP
    INETA Community Speaker
    www.craigberntson.com

Saturday, July 14, 2012 1:03 PM
  • Hello Craig :

I modified the code to get data from OLE DB , and modified the report to logon to OLE DB data and made set location for every table to be read from the OLE DB  , but for alas I received the same error .

Sunday, July 15, 2012 12:27 AM