DataSource Filtered Query in Repeating Section. RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everybody,

I'm using a second datasource to connect to a webservice that retrieves orders. the webservice has a parameter to return a filtered set of orders. So i use the filtered Query to retrieve data from the webservice. I have created a textbox where the user can enter an number to use in the query filter. I created a button to execute the query. Then there is a dropdown list which gets the choices from the datasource. When a selection is made, other textboxes are filled with values from the datasource depending on the selction made. So far so good.

Now i want to do this in a repeating section in the infopath form that displays multiple orders. But now i have to filter again for the second order. This queries the datasource again. So the data for the first order will be lost. Has anyone a suggestion how to handle this? 

Thanks.  

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 9:22 AM

All replies

• Hey anyone?

I've noticed a similar problem when saving the infopath form and reopen the form. If the data from the is not loaded yet. Fields refering to the data source are empty.

What i need is to take a snapshot of the selected data from the second datasource and store it in the main datasource, but it must be persistent.

Can anybody help me out here?

Thanks

Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:06 AM