none
Site Content Type, Site Column, and List Content Type problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've created a site content type, with site column "a"

Then i have a list using that content type.

My list does not allow the management of content type.

When i add a column "b" to the list (from the list settings) column "a" dissapeared from my list's new form.

Then i enabled the management of conrtent type from the list settings, click on the content type, it stills show that the list content type's parent is the site content type i created. Then i clicked on column "a", it'll will show:

Invalid field name. (site column "a" guid here)

Even if i go back to the list settings and delete the column "b", the problem persist. I'll have to remove the content type, add it in again in order to make "a" re-appear.

Can anyone please tell me what's wrong here?

Thank you.
    Thursday, February 14, 2008 6:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I've created a site content type, with site column "a"

Then i have a list using that content type.

My list does not allow the management of content type.

When i add a column "b" to the list (from the list settings) column "a" dissapeared from my list's new form.

Then i enabled the management of conrtent type from the list settings, click on the content type, it stills show that the list content type's parent is the site content type i created. Then i clicked on column "a", it'll will show:

Invalid field name. (site column "a" guid here)

Even if i go back to the list settings and delete the column "b", the problem persist. I'll have to remove the content type, add it in again in order to make "a" re-appear.

Can anyone please tell me what's wrong here?

Thank you.
    Have you fixed your problem? I have the same.
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 12:38 PM